Thursday, February 16, 2012

marimekko x commes des garcon.

I've been eyeballing the Marimekko x CDG shirts at Dover Street for a little bit now. Just lookin, no way I can spend 120 euros (so, like, 8 million american dollars? Is my math right?) on a t-shirt. But I just liiiikkkkeeee them. A lot. I'm way into the contrast pocket and the ones with the contrast waist and wrist bands. 
 I saw this poor imitation at Old Navy and thought, Eh. WHY NOT? For $14 it's like I have my own sort of MarimekkoCDG! At least until I wash it and it becomes a slubby ill-fitting shirt. I think I have at least 2-3 wears.
Marimekko x Commes des Garcon, All 120 Euros, at Dover Street Market.
Multi Stripe Long Sleeves, $13- $17, Old Navy.

PS I have been watching too many late night Project Runway reruns and can't help but appreciate the care they took on a cheap t-shirt to match up those pocket stripes. Well done.

2 comments:

  1. oooooh, good find!! don't be surprised if we show up in matching outfits at some point. I am very tempted to pop into Old Navy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a find-- I am ashamed to say that I actually like the Old Navy one better. So much so that I ran right out and snapped it up off the clearance rack for $5.49!

    ReplyDelete