Tuesday, July 31, 2012

i love love!

A dear friend of mine recently decided to pledge love forever to her number main man. They are planning a winter commitment party. It. Will. Be. Just. The. Best. I was kicking it with her niece a few weeks back who couldn't be prouder to have been asked to be a part of the big day. As we discussed the most pressing question- WHAT TO WEAR?!, she said she didn't love dresses and really wanted to wear red suspenders. I mean. How cool can you be?? I've been thinking about it ever since. I once owned a pair of navy velvet trousers that I wore to threads and also a pair of men's tuxedo pants. Never felt so good as when walking in those slouching down and all buttoned up on top. Menswear as evening wear is just everything. I added a foppish bow tie to smarten it up. And big ole brogues to anchor it all. 
Bowties, all ASOS.
Red Suspenders!
Trousers: JCrew Girls, JCrew Boys Ludlow, Harajuku Mini.
Shoes: JCrew Girls, Steve Madden, School Issue.

And an homage to the original, the YSL Le Smoking. (Made a little more kid friendly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment